I started this blog in 2012 simply to help fellow Christians. I talked about everything from singleness, college, God’s will, father daughter relationships, music, teaching & more. I was just blogging as a helpful hobby with a goal of just helping at least one person. It turns out that I’ve been able to help more people than I can imagine.
Last week Haley from Cotton and Dot nominated me for the prestigious Liebster award. Haley has asked me to post 11 facts about myself and answer 11 questions that she has provided so here we go!
11 FACTS About Me:
- I was a competitive and non-competitve cheerleader for over 10 years
- My mom bought me the very first iPhone ever and I still have it somewhere
- My favorite color is pink
- I'm obsessed with the cheesecake factory
- I majored in Economics, Organizational Management and minored in Education
- I graduated from a women's college
- I love going to and watching NBA games
- I am Texas born and raised
- I am very Type-A
- I am 49% extroverted and 51% introverted
- I currently have a strange obsession with unicorns and bright pastels.
- Bonus fact: I'm obsessed with Jesus Christ but you probably already knew that (:
1. What is your favorite desert?
2. If you could travel to any place in the world, where would you go?
3. What is the one thing you cannot leave the house without?
My phone, duh!
4. What is you staple "go - to" fashion item?
Dark wash Jeggings
5. What is you favorite Disney movie?
Big Hero 6
6. Who is your style icon/icons?
7. What inspires your blog posts most?
My own life experiences that I know I can share to help other people
8. What are some of your hobbies?
Watching YouTube videos. Subscribe to my channel
9. What is the best book you've recently read?
Spoken For by Alyssa Joy Bethke and Robin Jones Gunn
10. What do you love most about yourself?
My work ethic
11. Which store or stores can you spend all day in?
American Eagle, Kate Spade, Tory Burch, Kendra Scott
I am so thankful for Haley and all of you who have supported my blog consistently through the years. With that said, I wanted to pay it forward and nominate some other amazing bloggers who all have some relationship with the wonderful field of education!
Alison from A Teacher’s Best Friend
Neha from Orange Triangle
Jamila from Tidy Teacher
Christine from Tween Spirit
Mindy from Mrs. Thomas’ Teacher MomentsQuestions for My Nominee's:
- What was the last picture you took with your phone?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life what would it be?
- What did you do to celebrate your last birthday?
- What youtube channel do you watch the most?
- Why do you blog?
- Who do you trust the most?
- What is/was the most challenging part of working in education?
- What is your dream job?
- What is your favorite thing to do when you are not working?
- Would you rather change the past or be able to see into the future?
Make sure you go check out their amazing blogs and tell them I sent you!
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)